It is not worthy to have a stereo system or a home theater until you can avail of the best music and film experience. After all, it limits your entertainment level!
A reliable and affordable companion in this context is an HDMI Audio Extractor.
This compact device is an excellent way to connect HD-enabled devices, projectors, and HDTV to your audio and video devices for rendering an ultimate experience. It can be two-channel or multiple channels depending on the model you select.
But even if you are a seasoned audiophile, picking the best one can be challenging. Hence, we share this post just for you to let you figure out a suitable extractor easily.
|4K HDMI Audio Extractor Splitter, avedio links 1080P HDMI to HDMI Audio Converter + Optical Toslink...||$29.99 $22.98||Buy on Amazon|
What is an HDMI Audio Extractor?
It is equipment that splits the HDMI signals into the standard HDMI audio output. Most of these models output the analog level stereo signals with RCA having 3.5mm connections and such models equip the analog 7.1 output sound and higher.
It is extremely simple to use this and for the transitional home theater or home audio user. Moreover, the installation is quite intuitive.
Understanding the Working of an HDMI Extractor Device?
This device isolates the audio signals within the HDMI signal and then decrypts and re codes the same into another sort of signal format, mainly analog. This device is needed if you want to HDMI conversion to analog or other audio formats.
Since HDMI transfers a digital signal, transmitting the HDMI output to the analog system would not generate efficient video or audio signal. In most of the cases, you require a cable, which converts HDMI signal to RCA. Such cables are engineered to function with devices, which decrypts the HDMI signals before output.
The HDMI cables are created using 19 pins, which transfer the multiple digital signals that are efficient enough to carry the video and audio way. The generated HDMI signals have to be converted in digital or other formats as required. To get high-quality audio output, these extractors are necessary to convert the other formats.
Why we need the best Audio Extractor – Uses and Benefits
They are extremely useful and offer enormous benefits, which are summed right below!
1. HDMI Audio Extractors Are Better Than ARC Devices
When it comes to performance, the HDMI devices deliver superior performance than ARC audio extractors. They differ in terms of audio compatibility they offer. The HDMI units come with an optional feature of Audio Return Channel or ARC. Most of the TV manufacturers provide this feature built-in.
However, ARC has some limitations and the prominent one is that it does not work with all kinds of speakers. The main reason why they are integrated into the ARC set is to reduce the intricacy of cabling between the TV set and the Audio and Visual receivers.
But ARC is not supported with older equipment, which still offers high-quality sound. Their output can be offered to any speakers that use a 2-channel stereo or a 5.1 surround sound input.
2. Great Connectivity To Skybox Or Blu Ray
It is always best to use this device while using a source device like the BluRay player or Skybox. If you wish to send the audio signal to the sound bar, headphones, or visual and audio system, it is better to use this device rather than the ARC-HDMI port on the TV box.
Such an extractor conveniently takes the audio from the HDMI source. It duplicates the audio and transmits it to any piece of equipment like headphones, AV sound system, Soundbar, speakers, or phono. For this purpose, optical SPDIF can be used.
3. Directs From Apple TV 4K Box To The Sound System
For people who hold an Apple TV 4K box, they must use it. Most of the current users of this box may run a cable from the HD Television’s optical output to the sound system through an external Digital to Analog converter.
The users can take the audio output to the sound system without signal routing through the TV set. It is a great benefit for the users who don’t have a stereo sound system but a 5.1 surround sound functionality. It is because numerous TV sets are created to convert the audio signal to a 2-channel stereo signal while an output is sent over the optical digital connection.
10 Best HDMI Audio Extractor Reviews
1. Neoteck Extractor Converter Video Adapter-Editor’s Pick
- Connects HD source to single display
- HDCP 1.3 Version, 1080P High HDMI Resolution
- 3 Audio EDID Settings with pass, 5.1 CH, 2CH
- Three audio mode
- Analog RCA output supports 2CH PCM stereo audio
- Supports 24bit, 30bit and 36bit Video Color Formats
- Low power unit
Starting with is this compact yet robust HDMI to HDMI Audio Spdif + R/L Converter allowing connecting HD source to one HD display. It incorporates one L+R and SPDIF audio out port. Delivering high resolution lets you gain terrific video watching experience. the Pass, 5.1CH, 2CH and three audio mode options offers best flexibility and makes sure it work seamlessly with DVD players, Blu-Ray, PS4, PS3, and others.
It requires DC5V/1A power supply. Its metal shielded design imparts overall protection without signal interferences. The gold-plated HDMI sockets enhance HD video signals over the long distance and broadcast smoothly. It is a low-power unit that supports various video formats to let you enjoy an immersive experience over long distances.
- HDMI Resolution – up to 480P
- Video Color Format – 24, 30, 36
- Audio Output – L/R + SPDIF
- Maximum bandwidth – 225MHs
- Maximum Baud Rate – 6.7Gbps
- Operating Temperature – -15Degree Celsius to 55 Degree Celsius
- Dimensions – 84.5 x 61.8 x 21 mm
- Weight – 35g
- metal casing design
- shielded without signal interference
- Strong output level
- Gold plated HDMI sockets
- Blue bright LEDs
- Easy setup
- Broadcasts signals smoothly over long distances
- Works with numerous devices
- It is not compatible with Amazon Fire TV, HDCP 1.4 4K, Amazon Fire TV stick
2. PROZOR 3×1 Extractor With IR Remote–Best Performance
- Multifunctional with 3 x 1 HDMI Switch with Audio Extractor
- 4K Converter supports HDMI 1.4
- Gold Plated HDMI Sockets
- Extensive Compatibility suitable for devices without dedicated audio output
- Full package with numerous accessories like HDMI switch, IR remote, Micro USB cable, RCA cable, HDMI cable
Next is this multifunctional unit with 1.3 ports that supports deep color formats including 30bit, 36bit and 48 bit per pixel. The 3.5mm audio output works with 2CH PCM stereo audio only. It offers an input resolution of up to 4K@30hz, 1080P, 3D and video EDID pass through numerous audio EDID settings – 5.1CH and 2CH. However, it does not support HDCP 2.2. Being widely compatible it works well with devices like Chromecast or Roku without dedicated output for audio.
Quality is not an issue with this device as it comes with gold plated HDMI sockets offering excellent anti-interference and making the sound clear and pure. This extractor works well with most of the HDMI source devices without any dedicated audio output like HD DVR, HD camera, laptop, PC, satellite box, and others. It comes with a RCA cable, HDMI switch IR remote, and a micro USB cable.
- HDMI resolution – up to 480P
- Video Color Format – 24, deep color 30 and 36 bit
- Audio output – 3.5mm earphone and SPDIF
- Maximum bandwidth – 340 MHz
- Maximum Baud Rate – 10.2 Gbps
- Input / Output TMDS Signal – 0.5 – 1.5 Volts
- Dimensions – 23.7 x 16.2 x 2.6cm
- Weight – 290 grams
- Good build quality
- Excellent remote sensitivity
- No audio lag or switching
- No separate IR receiver
- Great value for money
- USB powered
- It has no separate power adaptor
3. Snxiwth HDMI To Optical Audio Extractor With 3.5mm Stereo Sound–Best Sound And Picture
- One HDMI input port
- One 3.5mm HDMI output port
- One optical audio output port
- Aluminum alloy case
- Supports 4K@30Hz resolution and down to 1080P
- Three Audio EDID settings 2CH, 5.1CH, Pass
- Great service and compatibility
Integrated with multiple ports like HDMI input, 3.5mm HDMI output, and an optical audio output port this extractor connects to the input device and can transmit output video and audio signals separately to let you avail of an ultimate gaming audio and video experience. It supports incoming 2CH PCM stereo audio. Protected within brushed aluminum alloy shell, it offers rich anti-interference and more stable signal transmission.
It is an exquisite and compact design with easy plug and play setup, requiring convenient storage. The splitter supports HDMI resolution up to 30Hz. You can accompany it with all kinds of sound output systems to achieve great sound and picture without delay such as Fire TV, Xbox, PS4/3, Laptop, Projector, Monitor, and others.. In addition to holding wide compatibility, it holds decent build to keep you serving for longer years.
- Input port – HDMI, EDID, Micro USB, and others
- Output port – HDMI output, Optical
- HDMI resolution – up to 480i
- Video Color Format – up to 36 bit
- Maximum bandwidth – 225MHz
- Maximum baud rate – 6.7 Gbps
- Maximum working current – 190mA
- Dimensions – 13.1 x 9.1 x 2.9 cm
- Weight – 120 grams
- Outputs audio and video signals
- Good anti-interference
- Stable signal transmission
- Plug and play setup
- Convenient storage
- Transmits sound and picture instantly
- It extracts 5.1 audio only if the HDMI display supports it
4. Avedio Links Audio Extractor Converter-Great Compatibility
Link – https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00XJITK7E?creativeASIN=B00XJITK7E&cv_ct_pg=article-page&cv_ct_wn=osp-single-source-pecos-desktop&linkCode=oas&cv_ct_id=amzn1.osa.9903dc90-f5c7-4e53-8d74-231f79a0f249.A1F83G8C2ARO7P.en_GB&asc_contentid=amzn1.osa.9903dc90-f5c7-4e53-8d74-231f79a0f249.A1F83G8C2ARO7P.en_GB&cv_ct_we=asin&qid=1620895815&cv_ct_cx=HDMI%20audio%20extractor&ascsubtag=amzn1.osa.9903dc90-f5c7-4e53-8d74-231f79a0f249.A1F83G8C2ARO7P.en_GB&pf_rd_p=3b099e38-1866-42a4-8e57-0f9de4634116&pf_rd_r=9CT31WRGV65SRCTVXPHF&pd_rd_wg=CKB6v&pd_rd_w=9dhFx&tag=ignukonsite-21&asc_contenttype=article&pd_rd_r=a5c4283e-871b-4304-a727-1a57bc941b48
- Supports up to 4K@30HZ video resolution
- Backward compatible
- High performance transmission up to 10.2Gbps without lag
- 3 different Audio EDID modes with 5.1CH, 2CH, and pass
- Ultra-high definition resolution
- Wide compatibility
With excellent audio and video synchronization, this device doubles your enjoyment and offers an experience similar to cinema watching. It comes with one HDMI input that converts to one HDMI + Audio output like optical Toslink SPDIF + RCA L/R. Seamless HDMI to HDMI audio converter realizes synchronized separation of audio and video signals without lags. Along with three audio mode options like 5.1CH, 2CH, and pass it holds HDMI input that can be connected to PS5, DVD, Blu-ray, HD player, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox, HD camera, and others.
This super-performer is designed to extract digital audio in HDMI source and output through optical SPDIF or RCA stereo analog audio output. You can send the split audio to an AV receiver, amplifier, soundbar and other sound systems. It holds wide compatibility, and hence, can be easily connected to multiple devices. It offers maximum bandwidth of 340 Mhz and maximum baud rate of 10.2Gbps.
- Dimensions – 21.08 x 11.94 x 2.54 cm
- Weight – 181.44 grams
- Audio Support – SPDIF + R/L
- HDMI Input – Blu-ray player, HD player, DVD player, PS5, Amazon Fire TV
- HDMI Output – Full HD TV, Projector, Monitor
- Max Bandwidth – 340MHz
- Max Baud Rate – 10.2 Gbps
- Video Color Format – up to 36 bit deep color
- Highly powerful
- Digital audio embedded in HDMI source
- Great for receivers or amplifiers
- Ideal for numerous HDMI source devices
- 3D display support
- Wide range of applications
- Offer luxurious space in 3D games
- Works brilliantly
- A little bit expensive.
5. AGPtEK 4K x 2K Extractor Splitter-Great Value For Money
- Broad compatibility
- Audio EDID settings
- Convenient to use
- Rich resolution
- Super performance
- Comes with numerous connection cables
- HDMI works in dual modes
The next device in our list is from a well-reputed manufacturer with one HDMI input converter to one HDMI + one SPDF + one 3.5mm stereo audio output. It equips a 3.5mm to RCA stereo audio cable and one optical fiber cable. The device supports input resolution up to 4K/30Hz, 1080P, 720P, 480P, 3D and 36-bit deep color with synchronized sound. It leads to no compression, no loss of video data.
The other great thing is the numerous audio EDID settings that support incoming 2CH PCM, LPCM stereo audio. It offers picture quality in Dolby Digital plus, Dolby TrueHD, and others. Connecting it with distinct devices is simple because of its broad compatibility with multiple HDMI source devices like HD player, Blu-ray, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, and others. You can even connect it to your PS4 using a USB power plug.
- Dimensions – 14.8 x 7.8 x 5.6 cm
- Weight – 160 grams
- Video color format – up to 36 bit
- Power format input – USB
- Very good build quality
- Comes with a power cable
- Works exceptionally well
- Rich audio and video sound
- Switching box switches between inputs easily
- You need another HDMI cable to connect the box to the screen you are using.
6. MYPIN Extractor Converter Stereo Audio Out-Best Sound Quality
Link – https://www.amazon.co.uk/MYPIN-Extractor-Converter-Optical-Toslink/dp/B08V95ZSLV/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=J-Tech+Digital+4K+60HZ+HDMI+Audio+Extractor+Converter+SPDIF+%2B+3.5MM+Output+Supports+HDMI+2.0%2C+18Gpbs&qid=1620895666&sr=8-9
- Digital HDMI signal to 1.5 ch optical SPDIF
- Triple audio mode settings
- Supports ultra-high resolution
- Audio sampling rate up to 192kHz
- Needs no external power adapter
- Compatible with all devices with HDMI ports
Another wonderful audio extractor in our list is the one by MYPIN. It extracts audio from the digital HDMI signal to a stereo 5.1CH or optical SPDIF output. It passes original audio / video signals through HDMI output that efficiently achieves synchronization of high-quality audio and delivers high-quality video and audio transmissions. It equips three audio mode settings such as 5.1CH, 2.1CH, and TVCH mode. You can also select 3.5mm stereo output. You may use its DVI interface as well to display devices.
It supports ultra-high resolution up to 4K@60hz, HDR 10, RGB and renders ultra-high-definition image quality. Delivering maximum bandwidth of 18bps, it offers exceptional UHD video delivering an amazing visual treat. This low power consuming unit does not require an external power adapter. It is compatible with numerous devices and holds plug-and-play setup, which makes it a great solution for all the modern users.
- Dimensions – 14.4 x 8 x 5.4 cms
- Weight – 188 grams
- Max bandwidth – 18bps
- Stereo audio output – 3.5mm
- Audio sampling rate – 192 kHz
- Image quality – upto 36 bit
- Efficiently delivers audio synchronization
- Offers high-quality video and audio transmission
- Great video and sound quality
- Offers rich visual experience
- Low power consumption
- Extensive compatibility
- The picture quality delivered is average.
7. Neoteck Extractor HDMI To Optical Spdif Converter-Most Easy To Use
Link – https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neoteck-Extractor-Optical-Converter-Splitter-4K/dp/B01KLBKQBK/ref=sr_1_31?dchild=1&keywords=J-Tech+Digital+4K+60HZ+HDMI+Audio+Extractor+Converter+SPDIF+%2B+3.5MM+Output+Supports+HDMI+2.0%2C+18Gpbs&qid=1620895713&sr=8-31
- 4K HDMI Converter
- Audio Out Port
- Compatible with numerous devices
- 3 Audio EDID settings
- Plug and play installation
- LED indication
It is a perfect piece of equipment for extracting audio without delay. It is a great unit with a spare USB port and powered by a USB cable. With 3 Audio EDID settings, it offers video and audio transmission. The plug and play installation permits easy setup without needing any additional drivers or equipment.
This device comes with LED indication and when the converter is switched on, the LED indicator turns red colored. While connecting it to the HDTV, the green LED light is emitted. It allows the HD source to connect to one HD display and add one more layer to audio out port.
- Video Color Format – up to 36bit
- Audio output – L/R+SPDIF
- Max bandwidth – 340MHz
- Max baud rate – 10.2 Gbps
- Max working current – 500mA
- Dimensions – 84.5 x 61.8 x 21mm
- Weight – 135g
- Easy setup
- Performs brilliantly
- Convenient installation
- Compact and portable
- Connects to projector and sound amplifier
- Slim and sleek design
- The body is not very sturdy.
8. Tendak HDMI To Optical TOSLINK SPDIF-Most Widely Used Device
- Metal casing design
- Audio EDID settings
- 3.5mm Analog Audio output
- Works perfectly for Fire TV, Apple TV,
- Enhanced HD Video Signals
It is a great unit supporting good buy for PlayStation users. It is an extensively used extractor on the market because of its wide compatibility with numerous devices such as PS4 Pro, PS4, laptop, BluRay, HD camera, and others. For extracting audio from TV, you require Audio Return Channel function.
It consists of one HDMI input to single HDMI output, a 3.5mm audio output and optical output. Hence, you can conveniently extract the audio from an HDMI input source. You require an optical cable to extractor for amplifying the sound. Both video and audio quality offered by it is excellent.
- Dimensions – 5.1 x 2.2 x 5.6 cm
- Weight – 61 grams
- Max Bandwidth – 225MHz
- Max baud rate – 6.75gbps
- Max working current – 190mA
- Easy to use and setup
- Great price
- Portable and lightweight
- Compatible with numerous devices
- Good picture quality
- No signal loss
- No issues with data transmission
- Works only with TVs that comprise ARC function
9. Compatible and Flexible – PROZOR Extractor HDMI Converter Digital To Analog Converter
Link – https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extractor-Converter-Version-Optical-Toslink-Grey/dp/B073TXDSBK/ref=sr_1_51?dchild=1&keywords=J-Tech+Digital+4K+60HZ+HDMI+Audio+Extractor+Converter+SPDIF+%2B+3.5MM+Output+Supports+HDMI+2.0%2C+18Gpbs&qid=1620895765&sr=8-51
- Easy to use and set up
- Supports CEC
- Offers great video and audio quality
- Works perfectly with Xbox, PS Consoles, Amazon Fire Stick
- Great Build
The PROZOR audio extractor is a durable design built with a metal case. The aluminum alloy packaging holds resistance to daily damage and wears offering you years of service life. Its sockets are plated with gold and offer great anti-interference and make the sound clear and pure.
The HDMI converter is useful for converting Digital Audio video signal to analog audio video signal through HDMI input and HDMI and RCA output. It supports 4K input resolution and is suitable to be used with multiple devices like Blu-Ray, Satellite box, HD camera, and others. So, enjoy a great video and audio experience with this device.
- Max bandwidth – 225 MHz
- Max baud rate – 6.7Gbps
- Max working current – 190mA
- Dimensions – 18.9 x 12.3 x 2.5 cm
- Weight – 200 grams
- Great compatibility with multiple devices
- Supports 4K
- Metal case build
- 3 mode performance
- Great performer
- May cause sound interference at times.
10. Amazonbasics-Most Versatile
- Flexible and lightweight HDMI cable
- Solid copper conductors
- Supports 4K video and audio
- Supports bandwidth up to 18Gbps
- Audio Return Channel
- Meets advanced HDMI standards
- High-performance connectivity
- Sturdy metal housing
- Supports two channels left-right and SPDIF
Finally, we have the AmazonBasics extractor, which is designed to offer buyers a high-quality, clean, and crisp audio obtainable from the preferred devices. This device bridges connection between the HDMI source device and dual-way analog and stereo speakers. It is an incredible piece suitable for not just home entertainment but also for gaming setup.
It offers HDMI video support as well. With the 2-channel stereo output, it sends HDMI signals. The same is achievable with the 5.1 channel surround sound as well. The outputs are fed into the speakers, sound bars or amplifiers, which make it compatible with the HDMI source unit. Featuring an external USB power supply, it holds plug and play setup offering ease at every step.
- Connector type – HDMI, RCA
- Cable type – HDMI
- Video resolution – up to 4K
- Dimensions – 14.8 x 12.5 x 4.1 cm
- Weight – 200 grams
- Supports 4K HD video resolutions
- Offers direct 5.1 channel or stereo surround sound
- Compact and installs easily
- Lightweight yet powerful
- Widely compatible
- Average build quality
Types of HDMI Audio Extractors
It is primarily of two types:
1. One with Audio Only Output
These extractors just consider the audio part of the HDMI signal and convert them into a 2-channel stereo sound output or a 5.1 channel sound system. They can connect to a surround sound system or a stereo system.
2. And One With Both Audio And Video Outputs
Such units offer video support and support resolutions of up to 4K 60Hz and higher video bandwidths that could be high up to 18 Gbps. Also, they support the high dynamic range or HDR video pass-through that allows the viewer to watch lifelike images having exceptional contrast and brightness.
The signal’s luminosity is also higher in comparison to the standard digital imaging present in most of the systems.
How to Use HDMI Audio Extractor
Hooking up the this device is simple and effortless only if you follow these below-mentioned steps.
- Switch the power off – While cabling, keep the power off. If you connect and disconnect the cables while keeping the power on, it would not cause any damage, but still, there is some probability. But if the power always stays off, you are 100% confirmed that your cables would not be damaged.
- Choose the Correct HDMI Cables – For the minimalist type and having the ancient cable from numerous years ago, make sure you hold a high-speed HDMI cable. Also, you will require 2 cables – one for output and one for input.
- Check the Audio Cables – You must output SPDIF using the toslink digital audio coaxial RCA cables or optical audio cables using 3.5mm stereo cables.
- Connect all Cables – Based on the setup, you may connect HDMI cables and audio cables together.
- Connect Power Cable – Once all the things are connected, you may connect the power. If you find any mistake with the other cabling, you must disconnect the power cable initially.
- Select the Correct Input Channels – Finally, it is time to select the right input channels on numerous devices you have connected. But do check special instructions for a device to ensure you get the proper setup.
What Major Functionality We Need to Find While Buying
It is quite tricky to select the best HDMI audio extractor. But our experts can make the task easier for you by offering you details of the important features and functionalities you need to consider.
1. Kind of Extractor – As already discussed, these devices are of two types. You must pick one that precisely meets your requirements.
2. Specifications and Features – The basic function of all the units is the same like Consumer Electronics Control and Audio Return Channel Support. Do check for such features like the audio format supported, audio outputs, video formats supported, surround-sound output, and more.
Another vital feature you must consider is the Extended Display Identification Data switch. It allows the output device and source device to connect with each other. This feature usually informs the source device about the capabilities of the source device like frame size, display size, HDR support, and others.
3. Numbers of Ports – A unit with more number of ports is beneficial than those with fewer ports. A device with a higher number of ports implies you can connect numerous devices to the it.
4. Output – On the basis of your setup, select an HDMI extractor with optical, analog or one with both the outputs. If you are unsure about the output you wish, it is worth purchasing an extractor with both these outputs.
5. Compatibility – Make sure you select the correct device, which is compatible with your devices. The unit you select must be compatible with both the output device and the HDMI source device.
6. User-friendliness – Most of the audio extractors come with plug-and-play setup. They are easy to use and can be quickly installed. Also, they are portable and compact.
7. Resolution – The main purpose of an extractor is to upgrade the Monitor or TV display to offer you high-quality and rich images and videos. It is worth picking an extractor with the highest possible resolution. Such extractors advance at an alarming rate and are efficient enough of displaying HDMI resolution of higher level. In brief, they offer a better experience!
8. Price – Sometimes the cost of a device influences your final decision. The price determines the device’s quality. You must spend the money on a device, which meets all your requirements. A unit costing more incorporates more features and renders better functionality. But, even a few affordable models perform well.
9. Warranty – Unlike other machines, even these units may fault anytime. For this reason, it is important to purchase an audio extractor that comes with maximum warranty period. For running an audio extractor within the warranty period, we suggest going with a device that comes with a single year hassle-free warranty and sound customer service.
10. Better Output – It is common for such devices to lose signals. That is why we suggest you to pick a superior quality audio extractor that is engineered with 24K gold plated connectors. Such extractor reduces loss of signal and offers a better output.
Frequently Asked Questions[FAQs]
Q1. What exactly does an HDMI audio extractor do?
A1. It transmits audio from the HDMI device to a distinct audio device without compromising on the audio quality. As a result, it becomes possible to ply the audio through distinct playback devices.
Q2. Can I split audio using the HDMI?
A2. Yes, you can split audio using the HDMI extractor from the HDMI device.
Q3. What is SPDIF Audio Output?
A3. SPDIF stands for Sony Philips Digital Interface, which is a standard for broadcasting high-quality digital audio without utilizing the analog conversion process. The SPDIF interface can be implemented in two distinct ways – Optical and Coaxial.
Q4. What is HDMI ARC?
A4. Also called as Audio Return Channel, this feature is found mainly on TVs, soundbars, and receivers. It permits two-way communication between devices having more than one HDMI connection. This port lets you use HDMI as both audio output and input.
Q5. How can I extract audio from HDMI?
A5. For extracting audio from HDMI, you require an HDMI audio extractor. Such a device receives an HDMI signal, extracts audio and transmits the same to the respective audio output.
Q6. How can I convert HDMI audio to analog?
A6. For converting HDMI audio to RCA / AUX, you require such a unit. This device receives the video and audio signals from the source such as cable box, Blu-ray player, DVD player, and others and divides the same into two different signals – video and audio signals. The audio is sent from extractor to speakers and video to the projector, TV< or any other video output.
Q7. How can I check the quality of the HDMI audio extractor?
A7. Mainly, the materials used for engineering these devices confirm a lot about its quality. Some extractors are made using aluminum and layered with 24K gold-plated connectors. With such materials, you have the guarantee of using the best quality extractor, which is durable and well-protected.
Q8. Does an HDMI extractor affect the video and audio quality of the device?
A8. It depends mainly on the type of device you use. Most poorly built and cheap devices perform poorly and are likely to generate low-quality video and audio. But, such extractors come with HDMI cables particularly to transmit and alter digital signals to ensure you gain the best possible quality.
Q9. Does an HDMI Audio Extractor work the same as Audio Splitter?
A9. Both of them are different devices. The Audio Extractors fetches digital Audio to HDMI input while splitter takes incoming channel from the source and splits the two into various devices and receivers. But, most of these units can function both as Audio Splitter and Audio Extractor.
The standard norm for most of the devices these days is HDMI. But there are situations when you require more for connecting to Optical SPDIF or RCA or headphones. In such cases, an audio converter is a great choice. Our post has detailed out the 10 best HDMI audio extractors available on the market. Each differs in specifications, price, and features. Just jot down your personal requirements and sure you will be able to get the best one within your preferred price bracket.
Enjoy a great experience!