If you are an entertainment lover for your home or your workplace, your inclination towards the most updated entertainment devices is very natural. You may have a high-end Blu-ray player or any satellite box to one of your HDMI displays that is a must to use an HDMI cable. Your entire setup of home entertainment remains useless when the cable falls short. Under conditions of long distances between your connections, an HDMI needs to be transported by a unique device known as the HDMI extender over cat 5/6/7 ethernet. This device helps in the extension of the connectivity exceeding the usual distance of 25 feet.
Best HDMI extender over cat 5/6/7
One of the very popular types of HDMI extenders from the famous J-tech Digital is the Single Cable CAT 5 extender. This has proven its worth as the best deal for your buck spent for long. This is a budget buy for its users. When we speak about the J-Tech Digital HDMI extender, we automatically are aware of its HDMI V1.3 certification, which gives the assurance of giving a maximum bandwidth of 10.2 Gbps which gives vast support for all types of modern features. It supports features like HDR, Audio transmission, and Dolby DTS 7.1 surround sound giving a higher level of entertainment experience.
The key features of this extender device include an extended range up to 200 feet and an upgraded version giving up to 400 feet extended transmission. You need to remember that the transmission length is measured between the two connected extenders and does not include the HDMI cables, which many brands in the market specify the length to be.
One most difficult situation is with the remote control feature, which becomes a challenge with the increased distance of operation. The IR ports on each Extender in the J-Tech HDMI extender devices allow you to point the remote to the terminus extender, and the signal gets transported back with the video signal.
- Brand name: J-Tech
- Max Bandwidth: Upto 10.2 Gbps
- Resolution: Max 1080p@60HZ
- Connector Gender: Male to Female
- Audio transmission: Supports Dolby Digital/ DTS. Support 2 channel PCM audio Supports
- Compact design and size
- No need for an extra power supply alternative
- Free lifetime support
- Not compatible with PoE video monitoring system
- For better performance J-Tech Digital Customized 150ft Cat6 Ethernet Cable
- 𝐌𝐀𝐗𝐈𝐌𝐔𝐌 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐖𝐈𝐃𝐓𝐇 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐎 𝟔.𝟕𝟓 𝐆𝐁𝐏𝐒 - HDMI Over Ethernet Extender...
- 𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐕𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐎 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐂𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐎 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝐅𝐓 - For 200ft transmit...
- 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓 𝐕𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐎 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐒 - HDCP 1.2/1.4 ;...
- 𝐕𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐑 & 𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐈𝐎 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 - 36bit(CAT7); 24bit(CAT6);...
Looking for video solutions for Gyms or Prayer halls, School auditoriums or Sports Bars, or broadcasting stations like places, this model from Gofanco is one quality choice for the long run. It is equipped with all updated features to ensure the best quality output even when distance is a factor that sets a barrier in your work or entertainment.
The most important feature of this model from Gofanco is its HDMI lossless transmission which is possible due to the 1080p @ 60Hz based on CAT 5e/6/7 and surrounds sound up to 7.1-channel digital stereo audio. You would get the best quality content with good quality CATx cables. The remote control packed for this device has a Bi-directional IR feature that allows super control of the device/media player from the TV side and vice-versa. The HDMI out port easily connects to the local display and works as a splitter. Last but not least, the sturdy, durable metal allows minimizing EMI and RFI noise emissions.
- Brand: Franco
- Transmitting range: Up to 50m (165ft) at 1080p@60Hz
- Audio compatibility: 5.1-channel & 7.1-channel, Dolby True-HD, DTS-HD Master Audio Formats
- Casing: Metal
- HDMI transmitter: 2 port HDMI splitter
- This device is equipped with a two-port splitter based HDMI
- IR extension supportive for longer distance smooth transmission control
- Not the best picture quality out there in the market
- ✔ COMPLETE 1080P KIT - Includes 1 Transmitter & 2 Receivers. Extend and distribute 1 HDMI source to 2 HDMI displays over CAT5e/6/7 simultaneously....
- ✔ HDMI LOSSLESS TRANSMISSION RANGE - Extends HDMI audio/video signals to synchronous output video display(s), is as fluent as direct connection;...
- ✔ HDMI LOOP-OUT & EDID MANAGEMENT - The transmitter couples as a splitter as it is equipped with an HDMI out port to connect to a local display (5th...
- ✔ ADVANCED FEATURES - Bi-Directional IR Remote Control allows you to remotely control a media player/ device from the TV side or control a TV from...
With several extra features for networking, this HDMI extender device from Cable Matters is specially engineered to work with standard 720p and 1080p and all standard video signal compatible devices. This feature has made it one of the best choices for gamers and movie watchers. The best part of this Extender is that it works with only one cable of 300 feet range. This device support extended to a huge distance of 312 foot adding the six-foot cable that comes with the pack. Higher transmission power over the longest distance is possible only because of the 120V AC.
The high-power IR extenders in this device work seamlessly as if the video source is closer to the display ho far may the distance be between the devices. Also, automatic video tweaking is possible with the internal adjustment chipset. Another best thing that you get with this device is the connectivity over the IR extender so strongly that you might face problems with other extenders in the market, and added to this, the setup is also equally easy and fast. Even the networking feature of the Extender is one of the best in the market.
If you have ethernet connectivity, you can avail one of two alternative ways to connect the HDMI. This eliminates the use of any additional cables and works with the network already in place.
- Type of Connector: HDMI RJ45
- Brand: Cable Matters
- No. Of Ports: 8
- Audio: DTS Digital, LCPM and Dolby Digital audio
- The package contains 2-Pack of High-Speed HDMI cables bonus
- These HDMI Balun Extender boxes come with screws and brackets that enable wall mounting
- Holds capacity to connect up to 8 additional displays through receiver boxes
- Package includes IR Tx & Rx cables
- You can easily control video from the display location.
- Not compatible with VGA to HDMI streaming mixers.
- 300 foot HDMI extension - extend any audio/video HDMI connection between a computer, Blu-ray player, media streamer, or gaming console to a HDTV,...
- Digital integrity multiplied - connect directly with a single cable or through a dedicated unmanaged network switch over Cat 6 cabling; Do not connect...
- Control a DVD player or other HDMI video source from a remote location with the included IR cables that forward commands over a dedicated DDC channel...
- Vibrant video & authentic audio- the HDMI extender over Cat5e/6 supports video resolutions of 1080p/1080i/720p/576p/576i/480p/480i at 50/60 Hz; The...
Your long-cherished wish to watch 4k Videos crossing distance barriers is now possible with the AV access HDMI extender. This particular model from AV access features the most updated signal processing technology that allows video handling that most other models in the market cannot beat.
This device provides double smooth moving pictures along with more stable and high-end graphics and a highly dynamic gaming experience when you are enjoying Xbox and Playstation pr any other gaming device. You also get to experience an out-of-the-trend audio experience with the Dolby/ DTS 2.1/5.1/7.1CH, LPCM. This Extender has everything that supports HDCP 1.4 just because the data is transmitted completely uncompressed.
- Brand Name: AV Access
- Resolution: 3920X2048, 4096X2048
- Hardware: Cat5e/Cat6/Cat7
- Item Weight: 14.1 ounces
- Power source: DC
- Video Signal Type: HDMI 1.4, HDCP2.2
- Saves space with less wire involvement
- Does not support ARC
- 【𝟰𝗞@𝟲𝟬𝗛𝘇 𝟰:𝟮:𝟬 𝟴𝗯𝗶𝘁 𝗛𝗗𝗥】4K HDMI Extender supports 4K@60Hz up to 40m/130ft, 1080P@60Hz up to 70m/...
- 【𝗣𝗹𝘂𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝘆】 Bi-directional PoE, IR and RS232; Automatic EDID management; High compliance hdmi extender with...
- 【𝗘𝘅𝗰𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆】Perfectly work with PC,PS5, XBOX, DVD Player, Apple TV,...
- 【𝗛𝗶𝗴𝗵 𝗥𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆】HDBaseT Extender certificated by FCC, CE. Preventing thunder strikes, built-in...
When your want is simple yet effective and smooth video output evading the barriers of distance, Orei HDMI Extender UltraHD is one of the most reliable devices in the industry. You have to have an HDMI source like computer or HDMI devices or Blu Ray, Cat6 cable, and no other installation engineering to start the entertainment with a simple Plug and play feature.
This HDMI extender is one of the strong competitors in the market. The key features that make you a fan of this particular model start with the easy to plug and play feature of the Orei HDMI extender. No software or installation guide is required, and you can start with the playing. The HDCP 2.2/HDCP 1.4 & DVI 1.0 is compatible with a max output or input resolution of 4K @ 60Hz RGB/ YCbCr 4: 4, 4 / YCbCr 4: 2: 2. You can easily plug this with any computer or TV or HDMI devices like Xbox 360 Blu Ray.
The high-grade metal body and advanced technology ensure longer period support and no degradation in quality. Not to forget about the One-way IR control that allows control of the source from the far end remote display.
- Brand: OREI
- Manufacturer: OREI
- Item Weight: 1.29 pounds
- Item Dimension: 6 x 4 x 2 inches
- HDMI Resolution: Upto 4K @ 60Hz @ 165 F
- Network Cable: CAT 6/7
- IR: One-way support
- Compact and durable make
- Easy setup
- Plug and play option
- You cannot use the splitter.
- Extends 4K@60Hz HDR or non-HDR video signal up to 164 feet (50 meters) using our HDMI over Cat6 Ethernet cable extender kit
- HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2 Compliant with Maximum input/output resolution: up to 4K@60Hz RGB/ycbcr 4: 4: 4/ ycbcr 4: 2: 2
- Local HDMI loop-out output on transmitter to connect a display near the source; Power over Cable – only use one power adapter at the sender side to...
- One-way IR control to control the source from the remote display at the receiver side and option to copy EDID signal from the transmitter's loop-out...
As the name suggests, this device is one of the experts in connecting, extending, and transmitting signals to support smoother and clear audio and video over a longer distance than usual. An easy solution to your extension of ethernet connectivity, this product has connectivity capacity with a Laptop or computer, DVD Player or Blu-Ray, Security surveillance, cable box, or satellite box.
The key features of the device include a huge extension capacity of 400 ft. The 4K@30Hz/ 1080p HDMI signal is extended via Cat 5e or Cat6 or Cat7 Ethernet Cable. The local loop out holds the capacity to provide additional display control from the signal sending side in the most convenient way. The IR sensor cables provide the best in the class control of the HDMI input from the display point. Mention worthy is also the feature of the cascading of the device, which allows 1 to multiple or 1 to 1 extension with an additional receiver point.
- Brand & Manufacturer: Expert Connect
- Item Weight: 1.8 pounds
- Connector Type: USB Type C HDMI
- Cable Type: Lightning, HDMI and Ethernet
- Max CAT cable length: 400ft
- Resolution: 4K@30Hz
- The great extension length of up to 400ft
- Isolation transformer that allows stable signal transmission
- Doesn’t work properly with multiple HDMI sources to multiple HDMI displays
- Extends 4K@30Hz/ 1080p up to 400ft via Cat5e / Cat6 / Cat7 Ethernet Cable | Max. 50ft on each HDMI cable | HDMI 1.4, HDCP 1.4
- Supported Video Resolutions - 4K@30Hz, 1080P, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 576, 480p, 480i; Supported Audio Formats - Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD,...
- Local Loop Out - Allows one additional display on the signal sending side provides convenience for monitoring; Remote IR Control - Control the input...
- Premium Product Quality - Provides 8000v industry-level surge protection against static electricity and lightning strikes; Latest Innovation –...
If your requirement is nothing much fancy and hi-end, the Amazon Basics is one Extender that gets you covered for your purpose. These cables are meant to offer the same speed as most of the Cat6 cables in the market. The most important thing about this is that it is more affordable than the products in the same category and an easy purchase in multi-packs. The product is from one of the famous brands in bundles starting from individual to five, ten, or 24 cables. With this brand, you would get plenty of options to choose from and get the best of your job done. The product also comes with one complete year of warranty.
This device reserves the capacity to convert strong HDMI signals that are transmitted through the ethernet cable. Amazon is a brand that knows and feels the necessity to be the best in the category, and thus the cable from Amazon Basics is hassle-free as they support the transfer of video clips and digital audio transfers as well. This device is also preferred for its information link to the HDMI, making it possible for bi-directional and high-speed communication. Also, the HDMI cord that comes with the device is the latest that gives the finest digital transmission out in the market.
- Brand: Amazon Basics
- Size: 0.315ft,0.308ft,0.081ft
- Weight: 0.6 pounds
- Cable Type: CAT6
- Delightfully pleasing for video outputs
- Straight and easy to attach
- High quality leading function and optics
- The network has to be chosen every time on power on.
- IN THE BOX: (1) digital HDMI extender over Cat 6/7 ethernet cable for converting HDMI signals for transmission through ethernet cable
- FOR EXTENDING CABLES: Ideal for homes or businesses that require cables to be run a significant distance from their source
- SUPPORTS HD VIDEO: Supports 1080P HD video, HD Audio, 3D signals, and HDCP
- RELIABLE PERFORMANCE: Adjustable EQ and EDID switches for maximum performance quality
What is an HDMI extender over cat 5/6/7 ethernet?
An HDMI extender is a great solution for extending your connectivity issue to another level. The best thing about this device is that even though it extends the connectivity length, the quality and strength of transmission are never compromised. It helps in the equal sustenance of the necessary high bandwidth that is very much required irrespective of any distance. One of the most useful and available transmission processes happens with the serial usage of serial communication over the cat 5/6/7 ethernet cable. The main nerve of the internet, the ethernet cable, after long research and development, has achieved this success of being able to extend and transmit data crossing boundaries of very long range.
Why we need an HDMI extender over cat 5/6/7 ethernet?
All three varieties of the HDMI extender look the same on the outside, but they vary a lot on the performance level, with some notable differences on the internal level. With the rise in the number, there is a substantial rise in the number of twists in the cabling to understand little clearly. The reason behind this is to reduce the magnetic interference over distance. The ethernet cables consist of a huge bundle of wires which usually creates magnetic intervention to the actual speed. This gets far worse with length and distance. An HDMI extender works in the solving of this issue.
The work of the extenders is to convert the data signals into proprietary one that facilitates easier transmission over the ethernet. The only thing that you would be required to do is put another extender at the other end of the HDMI, which would help convert the signal back to HDMI, giving a complete lossless signal that is compatible with all types of HDMI supportive devices.
Benefits of HDMI Extenders
HDMI has, over the years, revolutionized the experience of entertainment by adding several devices to our TVs. The clustered world of wires has been replaced by easy connectivity. The strongest feature of HDMI that rules the world of connectivity is the length.
The major benefit that an HDMI provides to its users is the extension of the distance between the source and the display. For example, if you are in the other room and willing to view a film on your Blu-Ray DVD player placed in another room, an HDMI extender builds the gap with its flexible cable connectivity and completes the networking. Even connecting several TVs is also possible by adding a splitter to the HDMI extender over a long distance. The main benefit that an extender supports is the diminishing of the distance between two devices. Your fight with disconnecting and reconnecting is sure to end with the addition of a CAT 5/6/7 HDMI extension to your TV Ethernet connection.
Types of HDMI extenders
For different types of applications, there are several HDMI extender types. The variation in the types of HDMI extenders is based on the max video resolution transmitted over the cable. There are mainly three kinds of HDMI extenders available in the market.
- 1080P HDMI Extender
- 4k HDMI Extender
- HDMI Over Fibre extender
- HDMI over IP extender
- The speciality of the 1080P HDMI Extender is that it can extend the signal of 1080P @ 60Hz up to 50m/164ft via only a single CAT X cable added to the stereo audio, PoC and one-way IR pass through. The Plug and Play features make transmission easier for any setup wherever HDMI signal extension is necessary.
- The 4k Extender is another typical HDMI extender that reserves the capacity to transmit signals up to 4K@60 4:4:4 UHD over a distance of 330ft/100m through a regular CATX cable. This category supports features like PoE, RS232 pass through or IR, ARC function and well-plate shape, and other unique functions. These extenders can also plug and play, thus offering a great extension solution at offices and homes.
- The other two very prominent HDMI extenders are the HDMI over Fibre extender and HDMI over IP extender. The Fibre extender has a marked position in the market for its capacity to flawless transmission over a max range of 1000ft or 300 mtrs. On the other hand, The HDMI over IP extender is another type that transmits the signal via IP network up to a distance of 120 mtrs or 394 ft without even a minute loss of data.
Tips for picking the best HDMI extenders in the market
Though not a very costly investment, HDMI extenders still demand a deep consideration of certain points before purchasing one for your home or office setup. Let’s have a look at the key considerations before buying.
1. Required HDMI Version: Before you start your purchase process, you need to be aware of the HDMI version required for your particular purpose. Several types of HDMI extenders are available in the market, and most basic systems work smoothly with HDMI 1.4, the most common form, and this version may not be appropriate for some advanced requirements.
2. HDMI Extender Type: Just like the version, HDMI extenders come in various types as well equipped with their own set of advantages and disads. When the exact match is shortlisted, check if exactly the model or type meets your requirement.
3. Know The Distance You Need To Break: Since your primary objective behind the purchase is to break the distance barrier in your HDMI data transmission, you need to be aware of the overall distance you are required to break. HDMI extenders are indeed meant to resolve the distance issue; still, you need to be sure about the distance and that the particular type is sufficient to do the building. Check the reviews before you dive into the purchase decision.
4. Power Requirements: There are some extenders available in the market that requires a power input for operation. It would help if you cross-checked with other options available in the market for the power input requirement feature before any final decision is taken.
Here is a step-by-step guide for the installation process of your HDMI extender.
- First, switch off your video source and your TV, followed by unplugging the power supply device from the outlet.
- Second, disconnect the HDMI cord from the set-top box output by keeping the HDMI cable going out from the Slingbox output from the TV intact.
- Thirdly, connect the enclosed HDMI cable with the HDMI extender OUTPUT with the Slingbox INPUT.
- Fourthly, Plug in the Slingbox power output back into the outlet followed by switching the TV and the set-top box on.
- Ensure that the TV is connected to the right HDMI port to which the Slingbox is connected.
- Your HDMI extender is now connected. If you see the Slingbox menu still now, switch to the Live TV option on the screen.
Freqently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Q1. What does an HDMI extender do?
A1. The most crucial task that an HDMI extender performs is meeting the signal constraints created due to distance. It is either a single gadget or a pair of powered through HDMI resources or any external power source.
Q2. What is an HDMI extender?
A2. An HDMI extender is a set of gadgets or a single device used to prolong ethernet signals for distance viewing. The device consists of a transmitter and a receiver.
Q3. How does an HDMI extender improve WiFi?
A3. The device works to position your Extender in an ideal location close to your TV edge and uses the Firestick in a better way with the WiFi router that encourages faster and stronger data transfer.
All of the models mentioned in the article above is specialist in its area. You need to understand your requirements first and then shortlist the one close to it. The best picks in the market are mentioned in the top 7 list in this article for your easy review and considerations along with that you can use some other random options too.