We use HDMI ports for connecting high-definition devices to our computers, TVs, etc. But sometimes the HDMI port of your device starts malfunctioning and we need to check if the HDMI port is ok or not.
Some issues that indicate that there might be any problem with the HDMI port of your device.
- Lack of sound
- No picture
- Blurry display
- Bad resolution
- Intermittent picture
If you are facing such issues then your HDMI port is not in good condition and you need to replace it, but to be sure about the working of HDMI you have to look for some things.
This article will guide you to check the condition of the HDMI port of your laptop.
Checking HDMI port of the Laptop
You can check your HDMI port using Microsoft windows device manager easily, follow these steps
- Open your laptop and click on the start button.
- Right-click on “Computer.”
- Select the “Properties” option from the context menu.
- Click on the “Device Manager”.
- Look for your HDMI port in the list of ports under “Display Adapters”.
- If you can not see your HDMI port in this list then your HDMI port might fail or you have to replace it.
- If the HDMI port is present in the list of display adapters then check its properties.
- You can see a dialogue box now, look for the status of HDMI in that dialogue box.
- If the dialogue box says “The device is working properly” then your port is good and is also in working condition, but if you get a message of troubleshooting that means the port is in working condition but there is some problem, and if you see a message “failed” then you have to replace the HDMI port.
- HDMI port socket interface connector
- HDMI port socket interface connector for PS4 console
- Package Included: 4 pcs HDMI port socket interface connector for PlayStation 4 PS4 console
- Please install it very professionally, if NOT, Please do not try
HDMI Not Working On My Laptop | What To Do
There are several ways to fix your HDMI of your laptop, some of them are l below
- Configure Computer’s display settings: If the display settings of your laptop are not properly set then you can face problems with HDMI.
There are many options in display settings, you have to choose according to yourself. Choose “PC Screen Only” if you want to display content on the 1st computer display.
If you want to duplicate the display then choose the “Duplicate” option, and to extend the content between two or more displays then select the “Extended” option, and to display content on the second screen select “Second screen only”.
- Check Hardware: Check if there is any hardware failure in the laptop because hardware failure can cause problems in HDMI.
- Restart: Restart or reboot your device can also solve the problem.
- Update or reinstall the device driver on your laptop.
- Remove all the recently added software on the laptop.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to connect any device to the TV with an HDMI adapter?
#Plugin one end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI adapter.
#Plugin the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port of the TV.
#Connect the travel charger to the HDMI adapter.
#Give power to the travel charger.
#Connect the HDTV Adapter connector to the Power/Accessory Interface port on the device, this is the port you normally use to connect your Travel Charger.
Why is the MHL connection between my phone and TV not working?
If your HDMI adapter is not working then check the connection between mobile phone and HDMI input of the TV which has a level “MLH”, also check if the MHL is enabling on your TV, and disconnect all the devices from TV and do a reset, also update the system software of your TV.