Connecting with your TV from Mac is never a difficult option. You don’t even require HDMI cables every time. There are other alternatives as well. Without wasting any time, let’s find out how you can get these results.
Know the output type
Before you start, it is important to know the output type and the connectivity of the Macbook. Different laptops have different configurations and this is why you may require different settings to complete the procedure of connecting Mac to TV without any HDMI. You can select the procedure according to the type of model that you have.
1. MacBook Pro 2016 and Above
From 2016, most of the models from Macbook do come along with the use of Thunderbolt. Because of this, it can allow 3 distinct ports to configure the network. You can easily connect with HD monitors and even TV sets. In any of these ports, you can use the USB C-type configuration cables. You will have to purchase one as well as Thunderbolt 3 to HDMI converter to allow the configuration to take place. It does not take up much time for the setup at all.
2. MacBook Pro 2015 and Below
Before 2015, there was no introduction to the Thunderbolt technology. As a result, they only have direct HDMI ports. Because of this, you can establish a direct connection with the HDTV or the HD monitor as available. So if you have an older Macbook pro, the only option would be to use the HDMI cable ports and then directly configure it with the TV set. You can purchase an external HDMI cable, but the USB ports are limited to this model.
3. TV with Airplay
Today, the use of wireless technology had come to a big point. It allows you to get an amazing connectivity and configuration between two devices without a single use of wire. Apple has developed its own wireless routing service with Airplay. If you have Airplay in your device, you will be able to connect with multiple other devices on just a single tap. For this, you will only be able to connect with an Apple TV as the option of Airplay is limited to only Apple TV.
- Arris Surfboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem Is Justifying Value or Not?
- ▷NETGEAR CAX80 Cable Modem and WiFi Router Review With Setup Process [Sudden link Compatible]
- 5 Best WiFi Extender for Ring Camera Review [Verified] 2022
How to Connect Mac to HDTV?
If you are having an HDTV in front of you, there are different procedures that you can follow. It is important to follow these steps as mentioned above that will help you to get the right results. You can have a look below to get a clear picture.
Step 1: Get a video Cable
The first thing that you need to do is to get the help from a video cable. For this, you will require a thunderbolt or a USB type c cable depending on the model and the maker of your Macbook. If you get only a thunderbolt, you need to add a converter to make sure that it gets connected to the TV. Check the HDMI input slot at the back end of your television set to know about the configuration. It depends on the type of ports that are available today.
Step 2: Plug Cable to Mac
Now that you have the cable in front, you will have to plug in one end of the cable to the laptop. If the model is from Macbook Pro 2016 or above, you need to fit in the US-C end to the laptop. If the model is older, you need to take help of a direct HDMI converter to complete the configuration. You must make sure that the HDMI input is standard in size because forcing its way in the laptop could cause damage. Do check the dimensions and size of the ports.
Step 3: Attach Cable to HDTV
If you have a thunderbolt, attach it with an HDMI converter. This will help you to get an HDMI mouth at the other end of this device. Look for the HDMI slot available on the TV. Usually, there are 5 port slots that are available and it allows you to complete the setup easily. You have to simply plug in the cable like you would do for any other media player. Choose any one of the HDMI ports and plug in the device easily. I
Step 4: Setting Up the Port
Setting up the port is important that will help you to get easy settings and configuration. Once you put in the HDMI cable, note down the port number and the name that is written next to the port. This reference will allow you to get fast results. The next thing that you need to do is to turn on the HDTV and wait for the device to detect. You can now move to the settings and select the HDM card slot with the help of the remote. Press OK and go to the settings to help yourself with this.
Changing Sound and Video Settings
Simply connecting the Mac to your TV will be of no use It is important to keep changing the video and sound settings as well which will allow you to get the best results. Here are the steps to follow for this.
- Start by opening the Apple menu of the Mac. You can go to the Apple logo that is available on the top left corner. Now, you will find a menu option here. Go to the system preferences option as mentioned here and you will get the drop-down lists. Click on the Sound menu.
- The next thing that you need to do is to check the output of the sound window. Simply tap on the Output option that will help you to get HDMI or TV option. Click on this to test the current condition of the speakers. With the help of the remote, you can alter the volume settings as per your needs.
- Go Back to the Systems Preferences Window. The next thing that you need to do is to get back to the system preferences window. It should be available on the upper left side of the sound system. Click on the displays menu to find the next settings. You can always change the TV settings and the video as well.
- If you want, you can now go on to change the picture resolution. Go to the scaled option. Check for the resolutions that are available. It should be present from HDMI 1.4 to HDMI 32.0. You can easily change the settings according to the screen size.