Having a Sky Q box means you are having a mode of digital entertainment. Watching favourite movies, shows and sports are all at your doorstep. Of course, you would want to experience better.
If you have a Soundbar associated in your home, why not enjoy the dynamic sound with the Sky Q box?
If you are thinking it shall be done or not, there is a way by which you can connect your Sky Q with the soundbox. If you are not a professional and want to use a DIY guide, you’re at the right place. This guide will help you to get a complete solution to how you can Connect Soundbar to Sky Q Box!
Connecting Via HDMI Arc
If you have an HDMI mode present with the TV, you can directly connect it with the help of the platform as well. Here are a few steps that you can easily follow:
- The first thing that you need to do is to establish a connection between the Q box as well as the HDMI Cable. However, the best part is that you won’t have to purchase any external cable as it will be included in the box.
- Once you are done with the connectivity, you will now have to find the HDMI slot of the TV where you can install the arc. It should be present at the back of the smart TV just like many others. If you are still not being able to find out, locate the USB port slots available. They should be present near to the USB slots. Once you find it, plug in the HDMI arc as you will have to connect it with the Soundbar.
- The next step you need to do is to look for the cable. You can find this easily with the Soundbar package present. Most of the devices should have the cable, but if you are unable to get it, you can simply purchase it from a nearby store. To make it better, you can click a picture of the HDMI arc so that you can purchase one with appropriate measurements of the mouth.
- All that you have to do now is to open up the TV as well as the soundbar to get them connected and you will be able to listen to the sound. It takes just a few minutes to do so.
Can I Use an Optical Cable?
One of the best sound transmitting devices is having an optical cable along with you. Configuring the soundbar with an optical cable is also an easier step to complete as well. It hardly takes up a few minutes to do the connection. However, the best part is that his entire procedure does not require any TV connections at all. You will be able to connect the soundbar to the Sky Q directly.
- The first thing that you need to do is to check for the optical cable. This too should be present with the box that you have. If you do not get one, try to buy one from the local store. This optical cable must have a local metal at the center which will help to make the transmission possible.
- The next thing you need to do is to establish a connection. Plugin one end of the cable directly to the Sky Q box and the other end to the soundbar. Make sure that neither ends are loose nor the fittings are done properly.
- To end the procedure, all that you need to do is to open up the Sky Q. Allow the connection to get established and you can now play anything as per your choice. However, to test the sound quality, you may have to turn on the TV. It will hardly take a few seconds to complete the entire process from start to end.
Are there any other alternatives?
Though it is not the most common alternative that is present but using a Bluetooth driver, you may be able to connect the Sky Q. This procedure is not applicable for every soundbar and neither for every Sky Q box. Only devices compatible with Bluetooth can be connected.
The steps to Connect Soundbar to Sky Q Box are not as difficult as it seems. Of course, there are different procedures that you can follow at ease. However, you need to be precise about the method you choose and get the right types of equipment.
If your device is under a warranty, it’s best to contact a professional. Not installing the Sky Q box properly may not affect the quality of the sound. It may also damage the Soundbar. Be very slow while you are connecting and make it perfect. Follow these steps mentioned above to get the Sky Q box properly connected to the soundbar.