Upgrading your gameplay experience is all that we want today. Who would not want to play their favorite games on the bigger screen? Connecting your Nintendo Wii to the big screen is always a great treat for yourself. There’s not only one way by which you can complete this configuration.
In fact, there are several procedures that you can easily follow to enjoy games like Mario Kart. If you have a new TV in your home, it’s already calling for your gaming console to pair up with this device.
Obviously, not all blogs over the internet will guide you to properly configure this. However, you won’t have to worry at all.
This simple DIY guide to connect Wii To TV below will surely fulfill your needs. Without any further ado, let’s jump into finding the results.
- Bundle Includes: Wii Console, Wii Remote, Nunchuk, Wii Remote Jacket, Sensor Bar, Wii AC Adaptor, Wii AV Cable
- Built-in Wi-Fi Access For Easy Connection To Internet
Here’s How You Can Hook Up Nintendo Wii To My HDMI TV?
1. Default Cables
Usually, every WII comes with AV cable which you can put to use to connect with the TV. One of the ends connects with the Nintendo while the other end of this cable is meant for the TV input. It performs as a single way communication that acts as a simple AV cable.
Once you complete the configuration, you will have to switch on the TV set and also the Wii. You can take the help of the remote to find the Input select option Go to the AV menu and then tap on it to allow the device to get connected easily. It hardly takes up any time to complete this configuration.
- Adapter cable connects a smartphone, tablet, or MP3 player to a speaker, stereo receiver, or other RCA-enabled device
- 3.5mm Male connector on one end and two Male RCA connectors on the other end
- Works with left and right audio input and devices with a standard 3.5mm auxiliary jack (typically used for headphones or ear buds)
- Dual-shielding, polished metal connectors and a corrosion-resistant gold-plated 3.5mm connector for pure, clear audio and minimal signal loss
2. S-Video Cables
A lot of people do have spare S-Video Cables available in their homes. It is mainly because they are easily available in the market. To configure with the S-Video Cables, you can also take the help of RCA connectors which will help you to secure the configuration in a few minutes.
To give you an idea about this, S-Video Cables have two different wires that include the red and the white audio cables. You need to plug them in the desired port and help yourself with the configuration. Because of this, it becomes easier to play your favorite games with the Wii.
- 【Connectivity & Compatibility】USB 3.0 active extension cable features signal booster design with built-in NXP chip perfectly avoid attenuation for long-distance data transfer, great for extending...
- 【Super Speed】USB 3.0 data transfer rate up to 5Gbps, which allows you to transfer HD movies or files in just seconds. ★ONLY work with USB 3.0 peripheralss, so please make sure to connect USB 3.0...
- 【Extend & Protect USB Port】 with this USB 3 extension cord, no need to squeeze yourself to the back of the TV or desktop to connect USB disk or other USB peripherals anymore; protecting the USB...
- 【Compact Design】gold plated connectors for optimal signal clarity, built with foil and braided shield to minimize EMI / RFI interference and efficiently reduce signal loss; premium USB 3.0...
3. SCART Connector
The main purpose of purchasing a SCART Connector is because it allows you to configure multiple wires in a single space. Most of the television sets with limited port slots available might face this issue. However, using a SCART Connector might resolve this problem for you.
- The MHL/HDMI to SCART converter can convert digital MHL or HDMI video and audio signal to analog SCART CVBS signal. So you can connect your HD HDMI source device to your old SCART TV which has no HDMI...
- No need to install drivers, portable, flexible, plug and play. High quality scaling technology for input resolutions. Support NTSC and PAL two standard TV formats output. Compatible with HDMI 1.3....
- Colour: Black
- Support MHL Smart Phones: for Samsung I9100/I9108/I9188/I997/Galaxy Note I900 for HTC G14/G18/G19/Flyer/EVO 3D/Z710/Z710e/Z710T for LG LU6200/P940 for SONY LT26i / NOKIA N10
The SCART Connector acts as an external USB hub so that you can plug in multiple wires or external devices to get the job done. The Wii can get easily connected with the SCART Connector because of the RCA to SCART adapters. Although they are not common, they might be a great product to have for your home devices.
4. VGA Monitor
A VGA Monitor is a great option to choose when you would want to use the Nintendo Wii to get easily configured. It allows you to quickly sum up the requirements and you can get the RCA to VGA breakout cable.
A VGA monitor can be directly connected with the TV set which is used as the HDMI input port of your TV set. You will simply have to plug in the RCA to VGA converted and then connect it with the TV set. It is also available to purchase in online stores.
- OUTSTANDING VISUALS – This FHD display with IPS technology gives you brilliant visuals and unforgettable quality; with a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080 at 75 Hz, you’ll experience the image...
- MORE SCREEN, LESS SPACE – Enjoy more desk space than you thought possible with an attractive and ultra-slim design
- PANORAMIC VIEWING – Vibrant detail from practically any position with consistent color and image clarity maintained across an ultra-wide 178° horizontal and vertical viewing angles
- MICRO-EDGE DISPLAY – With virtually no bezel encircling the display on three sides, an ultra-wide viewing experience provides for seamless multi-monitor setups
5. Using Component Cable Input
Probably, the most traditional device that you can use to get the established connection is simply because of a component cable present. Having single jacks will obviously increase the number of wired connections, but it also secures the configuration.
If you have a close look at the TV sets, you will find there are a total of five inputs which include three for the video and two for audio. Each of the wires is properly marked so that you can get to see the cable colors and match them according to the slot. You can pay indication to the labels as well.
- Meant for connecting audio/video components, like DVD players, Blu-Ray players, satellite receivers, game consoles, DVR’s, cable boxes and more to TV’s or projectors.
- 1080i-capable cable neatly bundles 5 connectors on each end: 3 video (red, blue and green signals) and 2 audio (left and right stereo), resulting in a genuine home theater experience.
- Durably assembled to maximize signal strength and conductivity, like a flexibly soft PVC jacket, gold-plated RCA connectors and dual-shielding.
- Crafted for a contemporary and practical design, including a high-grade nylon sleeve and color-coded molds.
Once you figure out the audio and the video cables, you will have to go to the settings page.
Simply open up the settings with the remote and then go to the screen menu as available. You can now give a click on the EDTV or the HDTV option. It is now easier for you to tap on the screen and then change the resolution to 16:9 to get the best results.
6. HDMI Adapter
HDMI adapter could be one of the best solutions for connecting the Wii with your smart TV. Today, almost every smart TV set does come with an HDMI port which helps you to establish a direct connection. The HDMI cable works in a simple mechanism that allows you to plug & play any media file.
- Nutze den Lightning Digital AV Adapter mit deinem iPhone, iPad oder iPod mit Lightning Anschluss.
- Der Lightning Digital AV Adapter unterstützt Mirroring von dem, was auf dem Display deines Geräts zu sehen ist – inklusive Apps, Präsentationen, Webseiten, Diashows und mehr – auf HDMI fähige...
- Er ermöglicht außerdem die Videoausgabe von Inhalten – wie Filme, TV Sendungen und Videoaufnahmen – auf deinem großen Bildschirm in bis zu 1080p HD.
- Schließ einfach den Lightning Digital AV Adapter an den Lightning Anschluss an deinem Gerät an und verbinde ihn mit einem HDMI Kabel (separat erhältlich) mit deinem Fernseher oder Projektor.
It holds a precise signaling technology that will transmit the data from one location to another. Using the HDMI converter means that it can use TDMS to protect the picture resolution from degrading because of the cable length from the Nintendo Wii to the smart TV.
How to Add Dolby Sound Option?
To be fair, Nintendo does not support the Dolby sound options. However, if you do know the correct steps for this, you will be able to experience better gaming every time. Here are some of the steps mentioned below that you can follow up.
The first thing that you need to do is to turn on the Wii and connect it with the TV. You can now go to the settings menu option present here.
Here, you will find a lot of setting alternatives. Go to the system settings option where you will be able to pick up the right settings page. From all the options present here, tap on the Sound menu.
Now, you can get to see the available sound quality and also the resolution that is set, Select any choice according to your preference and then tap on the confirm menu option. Here, the settings are changed and you can move forward.
Who would not want to enjoy the brand new TV displaying the gameplay in HD resolution? Everyone would be drooling to have these features. If you are having the same, it’s time to enjoy this. But, you need to know about configuring the Nintendo Wii to the TV set properly. You don’t need to call a professional for this, but a simple connector or an adapter could do the job for you. Simply follow the guide mentioned above and then you can start playing right away.