Upgrading your gameplay experience is all that we want today. Who would not want to play their favorite games on the bigger screen? Connecting your Nintendo Wii to the big screen is always a great treat for yourself. There’s not only one way by which you can complete this configuration.
In fact, there are several procedures that you can easily follow to enjoy games like Mario Kart. If you have a new TV in your home, it’s already calling for your gaming console to pair up with this device.
Obviously, not all blogs over the internet will guide you to properly configure this. However, you won’t have to worry at all.
This simple DIY guide to connect Wii To TV below will surely fulfill your needs. Without any further ado, let’s jump into finding the results.
- Bundle Includes: Wii Console, Wii Remote, Nunchuk, Wii Remote Jacket, Sensor Bar, Wii AC Adaptor, Wii AV Cable
- Built-in Wi-Fi Access For Easy Connection To Internet
- Upgraded Version Sensor Bar: Compatible with all Wii controllers, motion plus controllers and other Wii controller addons. Comes with a clear stand,...
- Composite AV Cable: Composite cable with 3 RCA plugs connect your Nintendo Wii console with TV or monitors via the AV in socket, high end gold-plated...
- Reliable and Multi-protection AC Adapter for Nintendo Wii: Equipped with 56kΩ pull-up resistor and 22 wire core. To ensure safe use with your...
- Upgraded Version Wii to HDMI Converter: With built-in American chip, advanced signal processing with great precision, colors and resolution will be...
- ★【PRODUCT COMPATIBLE】:ONLY Compatible with Nintendo Wii and Wii U
- ★ 【EASY TO USE】:replacement accessory works just like the original sensor bar but has the added advantage that Simply plug and play, no...
- ★ 【PERFECT DESIGN】:LED infrared array allows the Wii/Wii-U console to precisely track Wiimote activity providing a superior in game experience |...
- ★【SIMPLE AND PORTABLE】:Includes stand with adhesive for easy attachment to TV, monitor or any smooth surface. Wii system is not included.More...
Here’s How You Can Hook Up Nintendo Wii To My HDMI TV?
1. Default Cables
Usually, every WII comes with an AV cable which you can put to use to connect with the TV. One of the ends connects with the Nintendo while the other end of this cable is meant for the TV input. It performs as a single way communication that acts as a simple AV cable.
Once you complete the configuration, you will have to switch on the TV set and also the Wii. You can take the help of the remote to find the Input select option Go to the AV menu and then tap on it to allow the device to get connected easily. It hardly takes up any time to complete this configuration.
- High quality and efficient.
- Durable and highly functional.
- High resolution stereo cable. Supports AV Stereo signal.
- Compatible with Wii, Wii U and TV system.
2. S-Video Cables
A lot of people do have spare S-Video Cables available in their homes. It is mainly because they are easily available in the market. To configure with the S-Video Cables, you can also take the help of RCA connectors which will help you to secure the configuration in a few minutes.
To give you an idea about this, S-Video Cables have two different wires that include the red and the white audio cables. You need to plug them in the desired port and help yourself with the configuration. Because of this, it becomes easier to play your favorite games with the Wii.
- HDMI to SVideo Converter: Convert HDMI signal to Svideo analog video and L/ R audio(SVideo is a female port)
- HDMI input is support 480i/480p; 720P@60Hz or 1080P@ 60Hz
- The hdmi to av svideo supports NTSC and PAL two standard TV formats. Please set as NTSC format when you are in USA!
- HDMI to Svideo Adapter Compatible with Apple TV /Roku /Xbox / STB/ VCR/ Blu-ray/ DVD/ PS3/ Laptop/ TV/ Projector etc.
3. SCART Connector
The main purpose of purchasing a SCART Connector is because it allows you to configure multiple wires in a single space. Most of the television sets with limited port slots available might face this issue. However, using a SCART Connector might resolve this problem for you.
- KabelDirekt SCART cable provides analog video/audio connections without loss of quality.
- PRO Series quality: This cable features gold-plated contacts, fully wired connector, stable metal housing and high performance shielding.
- Scart connector > Scart connector
- 36 months manufacturer warranty
- HDMI to RCA Converter: Convert HDMI video signal to normal CVBs(AV) signal (standard-definition 480i, 576i), available for TV Stick, Roku, Chromecast,...
- Two TV formats output: It support two formats of PAL and NTSC output with a selecting switch, usually NTSC for America, PAL for other Countries.Note:...
- Esay to use and portable: Well sized, no need to install drivers, plug and play, portable and flexible. Come with a USB charge cable(MUST BE POWERED...
- Compatible with HDMI 1.3: Support HDMI input from 480i to 1080P. It can work properly for TV Stick, (such as Roku, Chromecast), but not support with...
The SCART Connector acts as an external USB hub so that you can plug in multiple wires or external devices to get the job done. The Wii can get easily connected with the SCART Connector because of the RCA to SCART adapters. Although they are not common, they might be a great product to have for your home devices.
4. VGA Monitor
A VGA Monitor is a great option to choose when you would want to use the Nintendo Wii to get easily configured. It allows you to quickly sum up the requirements and you can get the RCA to VGA breakout cable.
A VGA monitor can be directly connected with the TV set which is used as the HDMI input port of your TV set. You will simply have to plug in the RCA to VGA converted and then connect it with the TV set. It is also available to purchase in online stores.
- VGA adapter
- RCA (F) to HD-15 (M)
- 5.9 in
- 🌹Note: This converter is NOT bi-directional, it is VGA to HDMI adapter. only convert VGA signal into HDMI signal. Plug and play, no driver...
- 🌹3.5mm Audio Output:The clear sound can be output by the audio cable which connects to a 3.5mm audio port of this adapter. 0.6m AUX cable makes it...
- 🌹Compatible with More Devices：Comes with Micro USB port so that it can be compatible plenty VGA devices such as Ultrabook, Chromebook, desktop,...
- 🌹Stable function: Built-in AG02/MS9288C digital signal conversion chip, this chip is more stable than ordinary chips of similar products on the...
- 3 Feet 15 Pin VGA Male to VGA Male Cable,Easy to Installation and Easy to Use
- Support resolution:800*600 1024*768 1280*720 1280* 960 1366*768 1440*900 1600*900 1920*1080(1080P Full HD) 2560*1600 etc.
- Applications for Any Devices with a VGA Interface:LED/LCD Monitor,Projector,PC,Laptop,TV,PSP,TV Box
- Gold Plated Connectors for Optimal Conductivity,Oxygen-Free Copper Conductor for Antioxidation,PVC Jacket for Durability
- 6 Feet. Screw-in VGA cable with 15-pin male input and output
- Supports resolutions at 800x600 (SVGA), 1024x768 (XGA), 1600x1200 (UXGA), 1080p (Full HD), 1920x1200 (WUXGA), and up for high resolution LCD and LED...
- The VGA cord engineered with molded strain relief connectors for durability, grip treads for easy plugging and unplugging, and finger-tightened screws...
- Gold-plated connectors; 100% bare copper conductors
5. Using Component Cable Input
Probably, the most traditional device that you can use to get the established connection is simply because of a component cable present. Having single jacks will obviously increase the number of wired connections, but it also secures the configuration.
If you have a close look at the TV sets, you will find there are a total of five inputs which include three for the video and two for audio. Each of the wires is properly marked so that you can get to see the cable colors and match them according to the slot. You can pay indication to the labels as well.
- Meant for connecting audio/video components, like DVD players, Blu-Ray players, satellite receivers, game consoles, DVR’s, cable boxes and more to...
- 1080i-capable cable neatly bundles 5 connectors on each end: 3 video (red, blue and green signals) and 2 audio (left and right stereo), resulting in a...
- Durably assembled to maximize signal strength and conductivity, like a flexibly soft PVC jacket, gold-plated RCA connectors and dual-shielding.
- Crafted for a contemporary and practical design, including a high-grade nylon sleeve and color-coded molds.
Once you figure out the audio and the video cables, you will have to go to the settings page.
Simply open up the settings with the remote and then go to the screen menu as available. You can now give a click on the EDTV or the HDTV option. It is now easier for you to tap on the screen and then change the resolution to 16:9 to get the best results.
6. HDMI Adapter
HDMI adapter could be one of the best solutions for connecting the Wii with your smart TV. Today, almost every smart TV set does come with an HDMI port which helps you to establish a direct connection. The HDMI cable works in a simple mechanism that allows you to plug & play any media file.
- Connect your Nintendo Wii game console to your HDTV or EDTV
- Provides best quality sound & video resolution!
- Gold-plated contacts
- Length: 1.8m / 5.7 ft
It holds a precise signaling technology that will transmit the data from one location to another. Using the HDMI converter means that it can use TDMS to protect the picture resolution from degrading because of the cable length from the Nintendo Wii to the smart TV.
How to Add Dolby Sound Option?
To be fair, Nintendo does not support the Dolby sound options. However, if you do know the correct steps for this, you will be able to experience better gaming every time. Here are some of the steps mentioned below that you can follow up.
The first thing that you need to do is to turn on the Wii and connect it with the TV. You can now go to the settings menu options present here.
Here, you will find a lot of setting alternatives. Go to the system settings option where you will be able to pick up the right settings page. From all the options present here, tap on the Sound menu.
Now, you can get to see the available sound quality and also the resolution that is set, Select any choice according to your preference and then tap on the confirm menu option. Here, the settings are changed and you can move forward.
Who would not want to enjoy the brand new TV displaying the gameplay in HD resolution? Everyone would be drooling to have these features. If you are having the same, it’s time to enjoy this. But, you need to know about configuring the Nintendo Wii to the TV set properly. You don’t need to call a professional for this, but a simple connector or an adapter could do the job for you. Simply follow the guide mentioned above and then you can start playing right away.