Are you thinking about how you can use a second screen as a display?
Have problems with the display on your old computer?
Do you feel the need for a bigger screen to watch your favorite movies or videos?
If you have a laptop beside you, it will not be a big problem to use it as a second monitor.
However, not every laptop is configured to project as a second monitor. It involves a lot of steps and procedures that you must follow. If you are confused about getting it done, here is a complete guide on using a Laptop as Monitor. You can follow these steps mentioned below to protect your laptop as an extended or expanded screen immediately.
How to Use a Laptop as a Monitor?
Step 1: Enable your Laptop
Before you prepare to project your screen, the first thing that you need to do is to set up the laptop before using it. Before everything, you need to turn on both the computer and also the second screen. Could you make sure both of them are discoverable?
- The first thing that you need to do is to open up the settings app on the laptop. This will be your second display, so make sure it is working correctly.
- Now you will have to go to the system option present. Select on projecting to this PC for further steps.
- The next thing that you need to do is to pick out amongst multiple options for projection. You may change the setting from Always Off to make it available for the secured networks. This will depend on your location and network security.
- Now you will have to plug in the device. This will allow your PC to be discoverable for projection. If you cannot find it out, make sure that the device is plugged in properly and turned on.
Step 2: Connect our Main Laptop
Now is the time for connectivity. Once your laptop is prepared, it will be time for you to connect your main desktop or the computer. Here are the steps that you can follow.
- To start with the setup projection, the first thing you need to do is to open up your main device. Press and hold the Windows + P Key together to open up the projection.
- The next step is to get the screen you will want to display with the product. From here, you will select the device you want to project or extend the projection.
- Click on the extended menu available here. This will act as a true second display screen for your needs. To make it more comfortable, you need first to consider the display resolution on your laptop. Make sure that the media file you are using comes with this support.
- You can now see the laptop device name which has popped up. Tap on the laptop SSID that matches with the new projector monitor. Once you tap on this, you will find an action warning. You need to allow this action so that you can start using the laptop screen.
- Your new laptop is now ready for connectivity and is already projected. If you want to remove it, you need to tap on the disconnect button. This will immediately disconnect the product.
How to extend your Apple laptop display on Windows?
The configuration for Apple Laptops is slightly different than that of the Windows Laptops which are available. Here are some easy steps that you can follow to protect your MacBook as a second monitor.
The first thing that you need to do is to go to the left of your taskbar. Please roll over the mouse and take it to the left. You will find the Apple menu button over here. Press on this button, and it is good to go!
The next thing that you need to do is to select the system preferences. This will be able to open up the settings menu. On this menu, you will find an array of options. So wait for the next instructions.
Now that you have opened up the settings menu go to the displays option. It should be present right at the bottom corner of your screen. Once you tap on this, it will open up a new window.
Once you are done with this, you will recognize the device you are trying to connect with. Make sure that the display cable is successfully plugged in. Now, go to the Arrangement section and then wait for the second option at the men’s top half.
This will open up some blue rectangle boxes. This symbolizes that the two laptops have established a configuration between them. You can now find that there is a white tab on top of this. It should be your main display.
You will now have to make sure that the mirror display is un-ticked. So, it will open up a new screen. If you want to re-arrange the collection, drag the rectangle to the old monitor, and it will work properly.
These steps mentioned above will help you a lot to get the best projection or a second monitor. Some laptops do have an extended feature that will help you use your laptop monitor to view your original screen. You may not even require any system configuration settings for this. A single HDMI cable will do the job for you. If you want the same display to run on two devices, you can use such laptops’ duplicate or mirror feature. While configuring, you must keep in mind the second screen-only option. This will show the second laptop screen and not the original monitor.
- 🏅 Best Firestick Ethernet Adapters [See Our 7 Best Picks] | 2021
- ▷11 Best Android Tablet With HDMI Output [Cheap Under Budget] | 2022
- ▷ 11 Best Wireless HDMI Transmitter and Receiver Kit Review 
- ▷11 Best HDMI To Component Converter Adapter [Review 2021]
- ▷11 Best AV To HDMI Converter Review | Composite RCA To HDMI Adapter