Let’s assume that you’re not here to invest a hefty amount and purchase a professional drawing pad.
Nevertheless, Android tablets could be good alternatives for such requirements. Having the right type of android tablet that allows you to draw could be so helpful to get your work completed and also cut out the cost of purchasing a professional one.
In most cases, digital art comes to be very helpful to create your projects or other fascinating things. But if you know the procedure on how to use an android tablet as a drawing pad, things will get easier.
In case you do not know the ways to configure, this guide below will surely help you.
Things that you will need
To use it as a digital drawing pad, it is important to keep everything in your hand. Here are some of those things that you will need to allow the Android Table to work properly with the PC.
- The most important thing is the android tablet. Using a widescreen table will give you better benefits to draw accurately.
- The drawing tablet application should be installed which will allow you to draw. It should be easily available on Google Play.
- To configure the devices, you will require an external application that does your job. Using Java as a platform could be the best option for you.
- To connect the device, you will either need a desktop or Laptop. it is better to choose Windows because of better compatibility.
How To Use Android Tablet as Drawing Pad for PC – Steps To Follow
Using your android tablet on your PC will involve a lot of steps that need to be followed. Here are a few details mentioned below which you can easily follow to get the configuration done properly.
Step 1: Installing JAVA
- The first thing that you need to do is to click on the Windows button present on the screen. This will open up the programs on the PC. You need to navigate through this and find out if Java is installed on your PC or not.
- If you do not find Java, you need to install this program. Go to the official website of Oracle and then you can download Java. Download the compatible version according to the bits of your PC.
- Once the download finishes, you will have to download the driver. Once the driver finishes, open up the setup wizard. Follow the on-screen instruction to complete installing the driver. You are now ready for the next step.
Step 2: Downloading the application
- The next thing that you need to do is to download the application as per the requirements. For this, you will have to go to the Google Play store from your tablet. Sign in with your Google account and tap on the search bar.
- If you have any preference for drawing applications in your mind, simply type down the name. If you want to explore, type down a drawing application to get the suggestions. Read the reviews and then tap on the install button according to your preference.
- Play Store will ask for your system permissions. You will simply have to tap on the Accept option to move forward. Once it starts to download, wait for a while to install the application, and now you can open it up.
Step 3: Configuring the device
- Here comes the most challenging part where you need to configure this device with your pc. Once the download is done, open up your PC and then go to the Windows firewall. Tap on the security application to find out this app.
- To run the application, you will have to allow the firewall to grant access, tap on accept, and allow permission for the downloaded app to work on your PC. It will run with the support from Java available on your pc. Remember to click on both private and public networks for flawless access.
- The next thing that you need to do is to look for the dialog box. Once you accept permission, a new dialog box will pop up. It will show you all the system information. Scroll down to the very end and now you can accept the permission.
- After this, a new page will prompt up. Here, you will be able to find all the running and active network IP addresses. You will have to select the authentic IP address of the wifi network.
- You can even check out the IP address from the network settings available on your pc. Make sure it matches with the tablet application on which you are currently working.
Step 4: Using the Application
- Now the app is configured with your PC and it is time to navigate the settings of this application. Enter the IP address as shown on the WiFi and the PC. This will allow the PC to automatically detect the tab.
- The next thing that you need to do is to test whether the application is really working or not. You will have to go back to the main menu of the application. Now, tap on the draw button to figure out the next steps.
- Once you do this, the circle on the pc screen will turn green. This will allow you to check when the tab is responding to the PC. However, you may experience a slight delay while working with this device.
Configuring the android tablet with the drawing pad is no big deal at all. Infact, it does not require any extra time to get configured as well. Most of the beginner graphic artists would love to use this product as a great way of learning and completing small projects.
It is an absolute hack to reduce the costs of purchasing professional drawing pads. You can easily follow these steps mentioned above which will allow you to complete configuring these devices easily.