Introduced by Nintendo in 2001, the Gamecube adapter is an excellent way to control your video game console. This adapter is a peripheral allowing you to play all your favorite games on the Nintendo Switch. The adapter supports up to four GameCube controllers on the Wii U.
However, it is not easy and affordable to find the official Nintendo adapter. But there are quite a few options available that get the job done well.
The best thing about connecting these controllers to Nintendo is that it can be used virtually with any game. These controllers can function much like efficient controllers offering a controller suitable for both Indies and AAA games on Switch.
|ClouDream Adapter for Gamecube Controller, Super Smash Bros Switch Gamecube Adapter for WII U,...||5,117 Reviews||$18.99 $13.57||Buy on Amazon|
|pdobq Adapter Comaptible Gamecube Controller Adapter for Switch / PC / Wii U. Super Smash Bros...||1,342 Reviews||$12.95||Buy on Amazon|
|8Bitdo Gbros. Wireless Adapter for Nintendo Switch (Works with Wired Gamecube & Classic Edition...||2,310 Reviews||$20.99 $19.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4 Pack Gamecube Controller Bundle - with 4 Extension Cords and a 4-Port Adapter for/Switch/PC by...||1,033 Reviews||$75.99 $50.72||Buy on Amazon|
|Nyko Retro Controller Hub - 4 Port GameCube Controller Adapter for Nintendo Switch||426 Reviews||$14.99 $13.57||Buy on Amazon|
Best GameCube Adapter for Switch Reviews
1. ClouDream Adapter For GameCube Controller Support Vibration And Turbo Features – Excellent Value For Money
- High-speed chip
- Does not require drive installation
- No delay or lags
- Extra-long cable
- 4 in 1 controller
- Number indicators
- Vibration feedback
The most preferred choice for Super Smash Bros. players, this adapter is a wonderful treat and connects very well with Nintendo Switch, Wii U, PC, Windows and Mac. It is a 3-in-1 adapter offering gaming support to up to 8 players.
This adapter comes with 70.86 inches / 150 cm long cable allowing playing freely from a distance. It is built-in with the newest IC chip and offers plug-and-play setup that lets you instantly start using this device and enjoy playing your favorite games. It requires no driver installation and involves no lag. You can easily change the adapter button on Wii U to play on Switch mode and Wii U.
It works well with PC as well as GameCube emulator without resulting in lags. You can even use it with wireless controllers. It is an easy to use and great value adapter for 4 controllers. Just needs a simple plug and is a nice sleek and compact black box that blends well with the entertainment system. It makes gaming easy and fun for the family.
- Connector Type – USB Type A
- Brand – Cloudream
- Warranty – Lifetime
- Number of Ports – 4
- Voltage – 5 Volts
- Dimensions – 5.4 x 4.6 x 1.6 inches
- Weight – 4.8 ounces
- Plug and play setup
- Vibration and Turbo functionality
- Supports 4 players
- Made from ABS material imparting more safety and durability
- 150cm long cable offers convenience
- Backed by rich customer support
- It may result in minute lag sometimes.
- 3 IN 1 Gamecube Adapter - Compatible with nintendo switch,wii u,pc windows & mac. Works with gamecube controller or wavebird controller. Up to eight player for wii u/switch(Need two adapter). Change...
- Four player support - Support Nintendo Switch, Wii U, PC USB and Mac OS with the GC controller or wireless GC controllers. The gamecube adapter-self come with 180cm / 70.86inch long cable allows you...
- Plug and Play - Built in newest IC chip, Just plug and then play your games. No lag and no drive install need. Change the adapter button on WII U to play on WII U and Switch mode, Change the adapter...
- Super Smash Bros Choice - You can play the super smash bros on Wii U and Switch, Plug the two usb into your console and then choice Mario or Luigi or what your want to battle with your friends. NOTE:...
2. Pdobq Adapter Compatible GameCube Controller For PC/WiiU/Switch – Best Performance
- Retro look adapter
- Easy setup and installation
- Vibration and Turbo features
- Four player support
- Durable and sturdy built
A great way to enjoy life is a happy gaming experience. With Super Smash Bros. ultimately landing on the Nintendo Switch, it is time to buy an efficient and great performing adapter like this one. The most outstanding feature of this product is its IC chip control that offers stable performance throughout the gameplay.
The adapter comes with plug-and-play setup allowing easy connectivity to Wii U, Switch, and other devices. No lag, no driver needed and all you achieve is a seamless performance. Another noticeable aspect of this unit is its unique vibration and turbo functionality that actually replicates the same button push by the user over and over again.
The 4-in-1 adapter offers support to four players for the GameCube controller and provides four ports for the Wavebird wireless controller and ngc controller. If you use two adapters you get support for 8 players.
- Brand – pbdoq
- Input – 5VO.5A per USB
- Material – ABS fireproof
- Cable – 150cm / 60 inch
- Manufacturer – YunDa
- Dimensions – 6.1 x 4.8 x 1.7 inches
- Weight – 3.2 ounces
- Long cable length offers more freedom of movement to the players
- Easy plug and play setup
- Built in IC chip renders stable performance
- IC chip control delivers more safety
- Four player supports offers an enjoyable gaming experience
- The input slots for the controllers are slightly sluggish.
- Retro Feel Adapter - Super smash bros ultimate is landing on Switch. No more time to wait, Pick up your Ngc/Wavebird controller and choice this gamecube adapter join this battle now!
- Plug and Play - For switch and wii u platform the gamecube adapter plug and play, No lag no driver need, Please ensure the adapter button is located on "Wii u & Switch" side.
- Turbo and Vibration - Turbo actually does is replicates the same button pushed by the user over and over again. Vibration provide a great experience.(PC may not support)
- Four Player Support - 4 IN 1 adapter for gamecube controller. provides four ports for your ngc controller and Wavebird wireless controller. Two adapter support 8 game player.
3. 8Bitdo Gbros. Wireless Adapter For Nintendo Switch – Best For Classic Edition Controllers And Wired GameCube
- Original GameCube Controller Port
- Velcro Cable manager
- Turbo functionality
- Built-in screenshot and home buttons
Gain a robust connection for your Nintendo Switch and classic wired controllers such as NES, SFC, GameCube, Wii Classic and SNES Classic Edition with this wonderful adapter. This is a versatile product that connects the original wired controllers to the Switch flawlessly and in a couple of minutes.
It comes with built-in screenshot and home buttons allowing securing convenience at every step. There is also a built-in toggle that lets you connect to the Switch and X-input software on Windows. It lets you have your wires out of the way and works flawlessly without resulting in input lags.
You can use it with original GameCube controllers without extending cables across the room and placing bulky adapter boxes. Also, it comes with a Velcro cable manager that keeps the control cord intact. You can use it with a PC, which makes it a great product worth consideration.
- Dimensions – 4.06 x 1.14 x 1.38 inches
- Weight – 1.6 ounces
- Package contains – 8BitDO GBros. Adapter, Cable Band, USB Cable, Instruction Manual
- Connectivity – USB, Bluetooth, AA Battery
- Multiple connectivity options
- Offers 30 hours of gameplay with two AA batteries
- Works amazingly well with the latest firmware
- It requires frequent firmware updates.
- Play your Switch with your original wired controllers like Gamecube, NES, SNES, SFC Classic Edition and Wii Classic.
- GBros. connects your original wired Gamecube controller to your Switch just like a Wiimote. It even has built in home and screenshot buttons.
- GBros. has a built in toggle that allows you to connect to your Switch and X-input capable software on Windows.
- Requires two AA batteries for 30 hours of gameplay time (not included, sold separately)
4. EVORETRO 4-Pack GameCube Controller Bundle – Best For Hardcore Gamers
- Ultimate Bundle includes 4-port adapter, 4 sturdy GameCube controller in different colors, and 4 extension cords
- Excellent compatibility with all Pro or Classic Controllers
- Multi-port capability
- Multi-platform support
For those who are looking for a full-fledged bundle that allows you to continue the fun with a classic feel on every console you use, this one is an apt pick. It is a robust design that allows you to play in style and relive the NGC days with all required function buttons that offer you rich commands free from lags. As a result, you can enjoy the classic game experience with a breeze.
The 4-port adapter connects well with all devices like PC, GameCube, Wii U, or Switch, and allows you to avail yourself of a wonderful gaming experience with non-stop gaming action. It works well with Wii and Wii U games on both versions of the virtual console that makes navigation effortless.
You can connect this adapter to up to 4 controllers without experiencing delays or lags and enjoy an awesome time with your friends. The prominent benefit is its multi-platform support, which offers a hassle-free switching from PC mode to Wii U mode using a toggle and offering smooth transitions every time.
- Compatible Devices – Personal Computer
- Brand – EVORETRO
- Connector – Male to MaleDimensions – 11.93 x 5.83 x 5.75 inches
- Weight – 3.01 pounds
- Includes – 4 extension cords, 4 GameCube controllers, 4-port adapters
- Comes with extra adapter and controller
- Allows easy transitions
- Great for multiplayer games
- Results in lag-free gaming
- The controller does not perform up to the mark with Wii U.
- The Ultimate GameCube Bundle: This set includes 4 extension cords, a 4-port adapter, and 4 sturdy GameCube controller in 4 different colors ((Black/Silver/Purple/Crystal Green); they give you the same...
- "Superior Compatibility: This pro controller works with all GameCube and Nintendo Switch games so you can definitely ace your Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Splatoon, Zelda, etc. as well as every game...
- The Multi-port Capability: The adapter has 4 docks that can connect up to 4 controllers at the same time with no lags or delays, letting you have an awesome time with three of your friends. Adapter...
- Multi-Platform Support: Free yourself from limitations with these accessories that can support PC, hitbox and Nintendo Switch which also has a hassle free switching from PC mode to GameCube mode by...
5. Nyko Retro Controller For Nintendo Switch – Best For Casual Gamers
- Plugs into USB ports at each sides of the dock
- Requires no AC adapter
- Features 4-ports
- Excellent for classic controllers
Now, you can use all your traditional GameCube controllers without worries with this truly spectacular Retro Controller by Nykos. Featuring 4-ports, it allows use with 4 GameCube controllers, which can be linked to the Nintendor for local and competitive multiplayer games.
This device can be plugged into the two ports for USB on each side of the dock offering enough voltage to run 4 controllers simultaneously. However, you can use this device only when you insert Switch inside the dock.
The build quality is exceptional and it is engineered to last long. It even works great with Wii U. It is a great choice for those who want a cost-efficient pick and more of a casual player. The best part is that even though the price is budgeted, it still works equally well as the original adapter.
- Brand – Nyko
- Connector Type – Auxiliary
- Number of Ports – 4
- Dimensions – 7.87 x 7.87 x 1.57 inches
- Weight – 4.8 ounces
- Easy to connect
- Results in no hassles or lags
- Great build quality
- Best for multiplayer games
- Offers enough voltage to support 4 controllers
- The bottom surface is slightly slippery but it can be resolved by placing an anti-slip cover.
- Supports up to 4 GameCube controllers
- Plugs into the USB ports on the side of the dock
- Powered by two USB Ports - No AC Adapter required
How to Use a GameCube Adapter with Switch
1. Check for Hardware Requirements
You require a Switch and a Wii U adapter and GameCube controller. This needs a docked Switch so it would not work with the Switch Lite.
2. Connect the Controllers and Adapter
You need to connect your Switch to the adapter. There are two ports for USB on the dock’s sides. It is as convenient as plugging the GameCube adapter in the Wii U adapter.
3. Pair the Controller / Adapter
On the Switch, go to settings on the controller. This option is available on the menu on the home screen. Now, just press the L and R buttons on the GameCube adapter when you pair the Joy-Cons or Pro controller and it will detect the USB gamepad.
You are all set to go!
Buyer’s Guide to Pick the Best GameCube Adapter for Switch
Choosing a wonderful GameCube adapter is a matter of running through some sense considerations. For example, are you concerned with adapting a single controller or do you want to allow multiplayer games? You may walk through some simple questions to narrow down your search to the most relevant adapter.
1. Controller Support
Your adapter supports numerous distinct controllers and can take on the NES, SNES, or Wavebird controllers. You must accommodate the newest controllers such as released versions of the GameCube controller.
You may plug in the controller does not imply it is going to function properly, particularly when you are trying to connect newest versions of older controllers. Make sure you read the fine print to check the compatibility of the controller.
2. Platform Support
Make sure your controller is used for Mac, Windows, and Nintendo Switch. Distinct GameCube controller adapters will unlock various possibilities. It is not necessary that an advanced door costs more and is suitable. Pick an option that is handy and has a few old controllers lying around already.
3. Power Source
Each adapter needs some sort of power source. The wireless adapters typically utilize some sort of battery while the wired adapters often use USB.
Moreover, power cables function about five or six feet, which is sufficient for plugging in a few controllers.
4. Type and Number of Ports
A few adapters will let you take the wired controllers over the wireless signals that are useful if you wish to connect to a Switch in particular. This can be handy, but it means you need to check a power source for a wireless transmitter. The other adapters let you gain a wireless connection and will enable you to use more than one controller, rather than unlocking a complete set of multiplayer options.
While selecting a multi-port adapter, make sure it contains at least four ports. This let you play all sorts of multiplayer games. It is because the number of ports matches with the number of ports on the original GameCube adapter.
However, if you want a more fancy option, you may pick an adapter with 8 ports. Some sorts of equipment can actually support it, provided the game you play also supports the same.
Frequently Asked Questions[FAQs]
Q1. Is it necessary to use a GameCube controller with Switch?
A1. The Nintendo Switch consoles of version 5.0 or higher support the GameCube controller functionality. For using the GameCube controller with Switch you need to purchase it separately. This can enhance your overall gaming experience.
Q2. Can I use a regular GameCube controller on the Switch?
A2. The Nintendo Switch input for GameCube controller for all sorts of game till the time it is working without the use of ZL shoulder button as well as the home button. You need to function with a series of games without using the shield, for instance.
Q3. Can I use the GameCube controller on Switch without a dock?
A3. Yes, you can use the GameCube controller on Nintendo without a dock by using a USB to USB C adapter with the Nintendo’s adjustable kickstand.
Q4. Why does the GameCube adapter matter?
A4. The GameCube adapter syncs to the Switch wirelessly. Hence, you just have to plug the controller into the adapter. It does not matter if you take screenshots while playing but it is a nice feature worth considering when you are using a GameCube controller. Other adapters would not permit you to take screenshots.
Q5. Why did my GameCube adapter not work?
A5. If the problem persists, you may follow this practice. You may use a different port on the GameCube adapter. Verify the device if it is supported by another unit, like a Pro Controller or a Joy-Con charging grip. This registers precisely while connecting to the ports for USB on the dock.
It is definitely worth purchasing the official Nintendo adapter released by Nintendo alongside Super Smash Bros. This all-new adapter from the Wii U era is exceptionally amazing and is favored by gamers. However, it is pricey and goes out of stock immediately.
Hence, here we present you with some of the top GameCube controller adapters available in the market. Sure, you would be able to find something that suits you. Check Amazon and buy the one you prefer!