A wireless router is a gadget used to permit network access. The main advantage is; no fixed wire or cable is expected to interface the router to your PC or laptop. A wireless router is preferable today as you can carry your laptop anywhere you like in your home. Now, you don’t have to adhere to one place to utilize the Internet. All wireless routers accompany a permitted radius for you to utilize them.
Now, when you purchase a wireless router, you will usually demand the vendor to fix it for you with a minimal charge. But when the question raises like, how to connect a router to a modem wirelessly? here are some straightforward rules to help you install your own router at home.
How To Connect A Router To A Router Modem Combo?
The setup is easy. In the first place, pick your own wireless gadgets. There are many types of wireless routers available in the market. The main difference is the speed and innovation utilized. The prescribed innovation is 802.11g because of its great quality and compatibility with any PC type.
When you utilize a wireless router, you should guarantee that your PC supports the wireless network. If not, you should purchase a USB wireless network adapter and attach it to your PC.
As for the laptops, the vast majority of them accompany working in wireless networking. In this way, you should really take a look from the beginning.
Key Steps to Configure with a Modem
- After preparing all the wireless gadgets, now turn off your Internet modem.
- Take out the network cable and fit one end into the modem, and another end will be connected to the router’s Internet port.
- Then, after you have associated the two gadgets together, turn on your PC. You will see that your PC is associated wirelessly with the wireless router.
- The router will then convey messages from the modem to your PC for Internet association.
- When you turn on the wireless modem, there will be a blinking light. It shows that the wireless modem is designing the network. Whenever it is stabilized, you are associated with the Internet.
How To Connect A Router To A Modem Wirelessly?
If you want the true performance of the router, the better option is to go for a wired option. However, f you want to configure a DSL modem with your router wirelessly, you need to follow these steps.
The first thing that you need to do is to open up the DSL modem configuration page. From here, you will need to disable the hotspot feature.
The next thing to do is to plug in the existing WiFi router into a power outlet.
Go to the end of the ethernet cable and try to find the WAN IN port available. This should be placed alongside the LAN cable options besides the port.
The next thing that you need to do is to go to the DSL user manual for information. If you are unable to establish the modem to router connection, you will be able to troubleshoot your connection.
Recall not to share the password with anyone as people may utilize your wireless network anytime. Get yourself an interesting network name. Different types of routers require different setting configurations. Make sure you read the manual and follow it intently.
After all the external associations are finished, the following stage is to configure the setting. When you turn on your PC, it will automatically interface with the Internet wirelessly. Now, open your Internet program. Interestingly utilizing the router, you will be asked to enter in the client name and password. This information is available in the container manual. After embedding all this information, you are advised to change them immediately.
- [3 Methdos] How to Get Sky Go on Smart TV | Sky Go Mirroring Hack
- [Fix It Now] Samsung Tv Not Connected To Wifi (Complete Guide)
- [How To Fix] Can Curved TV Be Wall Mounted?
- 3 Ways to Use Bluetooth Speaker with Amazon Fire TV Stick 
- 6 Methods To Making Speaker Wireless | Convert Wired Surround Speakers to Wireless